Last week we delivered 130,000 letters asking Congress to stop student loan interest rates from doubling in July.
The drop off was covered by national media including The New York Times, USA Today, CNN, The Washington Post, CBS, and hundreds of local news outlets, bringing the issue to the attention of millions of Americans.
We teamed up with USSA, Campus Progress, and Rebuild the Dream to collect the letters. I think we got their attention – but we need to keep the pressure on to make sure our elected officials do the right thing.
Check out some of the stories from the event:
- Interest rate could double on some student loans, USA Today
- Rising Concerns Over Student Loans, Public and Private, New York Times
- College students deliver letters to Capitol Hill to halt student loan interest rate hike, The Washington Post
- Congress urged to act fast on student loan interest rates (Video), CNN
- Students lobby to keep interest rates lower, CNN
- Rate on popular student loan about to double, CBS News